When Palm Beach Facials‘ Esthetician and Owner, Brittany Johnston, extended an invitation to me, the CBD Facial on the menu immediately caught my eye. There is so much buzz around CBD. It seems to be the new “it” product and I strongly believe we have only seen the tip of the iceberg when it comes to CBD. Soon enough it will be popping up all over the place, whether it be as a supplement, in our skincare products, or our food and beverages.
I wanted to see what all the buzz was about when it comes to CBD skincare first hand. I have tried it as a supplement to help get a good night’s sleep but have never used it topically on my skin.
Set in the heart of Palm Beach Island, Palm Beach Facials, the private spa is located inside a charming commercial building that is clean and immaculate. Brittany’s setup makes for a calming, peaceful experience in a posh, comfortable setting. There is free parking on the street so the arrival experience was convenient and stress-free.
Brittany is an absolute treat to meet. She takes her time, pays close attention to detail, and gave me one of the best facials I have ever had.
Highlights of the 90 minute CBD Facial included:
- A double cleanse started out with an oil-based cleanser with steam and then lead into a foaming cleanser with steam
- Brittany uses high-quality, clinical skincare products from IMAGE Skincare and took her time to carefully apply each product with a gentle touch and soothing massage application.
- Brittany carefully analyzed my skin correcting any flaws with careful extractions followed by an extremely relaxing facial lymphatic massage
- A high-frequency skincare machine followed which stimulate circulation, rejuvenate and tightens pores
- The CBD oil HydroJelly masque is unlike anything I have ever experienced. It is poured over the eyes, face, and lips and has an awesome cooling feeling. Once it dried she peeled it off in just one pull.
- A non-clogging CBD topical Oil was slowly massaged into the face skin, decollete, neck, and shoulders
- Finishing touches included a Vitamin C serum, lip balm, sunscreen, and eye cream
“The HydroJelly Mask is specifically designed to calm the skin by reducing inflammation. It’s packed full of antioxidants, vitamins, and electrolytes.” Brittany explained. When asked why Brittany likes to incorporate these HydroJelly Masks into her facial offerings she said, “I love the HydroJelly Masks because of their unique consistency and the application/removal process. They are also amazing due to their cooling sensation. This allows the skin to constrict which makes the skin tighter, reduces puffiness and pores appear smaller.”
So now for the question, everyone has been waiting to be answered. “Do you get high from the CBD Facial? “
The answer is “no”. While CBD oil is from a cannabis plant, it doesn’t have the same ability to create a “high” or state of euphoria as marijuana or THC. CBD is so popular because it’s been proved to have tons of healing, positive benefits without the psychoactive qualities of marijuana. So while there was no high, I left Palm Beach Facials feeling calm with a radiant glow. I was extremely satisfied with the fact that my skin was virtually flawless, soft, and supple thanks to Brittany.
CBD infused skin care products may offer healing benefits from clearing up acne to reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Additionally, due to its anti-inflammatory nature it treats conditions like psoriasis and eczema.
To experience the HydroJelly masks and a facial worthy of the spa’s Worth Avenue location visit Brittany yourself at Palm Beach Facials. You will be in good hands for sure.
Palm Beach Facials is located at 205 Worth Ave #205, Palm Beach, FL 33480